Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Smocking!

I have decided that I am going to try (key word) to learn to smock.  I just loved smocked children clothes, as you couldn't tell!  I had my first smocking class on Saturday at Knit One Smock Too in Winston-Salem.  Martha, the owner and my instructor, was awesome!  She is so talented and I can't wait to learn more from her.  I will be working on my homework for my next session.  If I actually do a decent job, maybe I will share my work ;).  After I complete the beginners smocking, I am going to learn to make a bishop dress.  My hope is that I will be able to smock fairly well in the next 3-4 months.  It really isn't that hard once you get into a rhythm.  Bri has been working so much lately, most Saturdays ;( these days.  We know he does it for us, but we sure miss him bunches!  He headed into work around 10am on Saturday so Belle and I enjoyed lunch with Grams and officially Umpa G ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment