Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July weekend



We headed up to the Mountains to visit Grandpa and Lizzie for the 4th of July.  Our good friends Teresa and Steve joined us for the entire weekend and Bri's friend Matt for a portion of the celebration.  Friday night we enjoyed a leisurely dinner at the club.  Ms. Belle was up WAY past her bedtime, but she did great sitting on Grandpa's lap during dinner eating puffs and playing with her shades.


.



On Saturday morning the boys headed to play golf and Teresa(being the good friend that she is ;)) headed down to Wilkesboro with Belle and I to visit my old colleague and friend Bud. It was so great to catch up with him and his wife Bobbie--I have truly missed them since we have left. I was amazed on how much all his grandchildren had grown! Bobbi gave Belle an adorable Elmo cell phone that she loves! Thanks Bobbi! I tried to get a picture, but Belle wasn't cooperating too well.  I hope to make a trip to visit again soon!


Saturday night Jefferson Landing had a pre-4th of July cookout at the pool.  We took Belle and enjoyed a yummy cookout and some good company.  I am so thankful that she loves being outside and enjoys observing her surroundings.  We were even able to get a new picture for the front of the blog!  Thanks T!  After dinner Belle enjoyed some more time with Grandpa....look at that smile...doesn't it make you just melt?







On the 4th Brian and Steve had their "annual" golf photo after we enjoyed a breakfast.  T and I took Belle to the pool; it was a little cold but she enjoyed a little swim time! 



As many of you know...I have been thinking that Belle would cut her first tooth for the last few months.  Teething has blessed our house!  My poor little girl has been miserable with her teeth.  The first one finally cut through right before we left for the mountains so she hasn't been sleeping too well, but she is still my smiley babe!  After dinner we enjoyed some great fireworks from the porch!  Thanks Grandpa, Lizzie, Steve, Teresa and Matt for a great weekend!

Stay tuned for our July adventures...........

No comments:

Post a Comment