Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hoosier Land~

Towards in the end of July Grams, Belle and I had an adventure to Indiana to visit all of my extended family.  Both of my parents (and me) are from Indiana so that means lots of family to visit!!  The night before we left we stayed with Bri and I dear friends Luke, Linda and Elsa (Belle's BFF).  We were so excited to celebrate Elsa's first birthday, if only for a few minutes!!!

We headed to Charlotte airport and moved through the airport fairly quickly with an infant.  However, due to weather in Chicago we were stuck on the runway for over two hours not able to get off the plane.  As you can imagine it took a lot of creativity to keep Belle occupied.  I now have a whole new appreciation for parents traveling with infants!  Our first airplane trip Belle was not mobile...oh what a new experience!

Sleepy Belle-only slept for an hour on both flights!

Since we had missed our connecting flight in Chicago, we had a little time to spare to trek to our gate.  We finally boarded and Belle flirted with the man behind us the entire 30 minutes we were on the plane.  She was peep through the seat and then pop up above staring at him!   If he wasn't her Daddy's age I would swear she had her first boyfriend.  It was too cute though!  We finally landed in South Bend 5 hours late and my wondeful Aunt Karen was waiting for us!  She brought Belle her own Indiana bear and Belle was happy to visit with her again.  We are so fortunate that Doug and Karen live two doors down from my Grandmother making visiting both very easy!

When we arrived at Grandma BJ's house we had a house full of visitors waiting for us!  It was great to see my cousin Kate and meet her little boy Owen.  He was born in the beginning of July making the two "newest" cousins great friends.  Growing up, I am a July baby and Kate is a September baby; we just swapped with our children.  Belle took lessons of walking, talking and eating finger food from Owen.  They had a great time!  Below are some of pictures of their fun!


(Come on Owen, lets explore!)




Belle and I spent the night with Uncle Doug and Aunt Karen one night of our visit and we were lucky to visit with my cousins and their children as well.  Belle met Nolan, Clark and Harper...Yay for cousins.  We enjoyed feeding the ducks, a quiet dinner and a walk to Rice Cemetary.  Thanks guys for a great evening!








My family lives on a beautiful river called the Saint Joe.  It is so peaceful, I forget about all the fond memories from the 4th of July(s) and family gatherings until we go back!





My Aunt Mary headed up from Fort Wayne and joined us half way through the week for a visit!  We enjoyed dinner at one of our favorite restaurants La Hacinda.

(Belle meeting sweet Sadie...sitting with Grams and Great-Grandma BJ)



We were so fortunate to be in Indiana during my grandmother's 80th birthday celebration.  We all enjoyed a party at a yummy Italian restaurant.  It was great to see so much family!







Just a few shots of Belle with a few off the guests from the party!  There were over 30+ people to celebrate Great-Grandma's big day!

On our last day in Indiana my Uncle Doug and Aunt Karen had my mom's family over for a boat ride and river picnic!  It was Belle's first boat ride and she had a blast checking out all the sites and sounds of the river!


(Belle with my cousin Lora)


Belle enjoyed her first trip to the midwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment