Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yummy Treats




I made the food for my growth group this week and I tried a few new recipes.  I would modify the cake balls a bit to make them a little prettier, but the concept is great for parties, etc.  You buy whatever cake mix you like and icing you would typically pair with the cake.  I normally make cake from scratch but for this box will do.  I choose the following combinations:
Devil Food Cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing then dipped in dark chocolate
Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Icing then dipped in milk chocolate
Lemon Cake with Lemon icing dipped in white chocolate
Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing dipped in white chocolate



After you bake each cake, cool then take a fork and crumble the cake.  Add icing and mix together.  Roll mixture into balls and place in freezer for one hour.  Then dip each ball in melted in chocolate.  I realize that it would probably be better to this on a stick instead of by hand.  Cool and put in the fridge.  Easy!  Thanks Betty Crocker.

I also made a yummy french toast casserole, compliments of Paula Dean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment