Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Race for the Cure

It was my goal on New Year's Eve to run in my first 5k after having Belle.  Obviously that did not happen!  With the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure being in May and a few friends from work and church running it seemed to be the perfect race to be my first.  My mom who amazes me ran with Belle and I.  Why does she amaze me?  She works full time and is WAY better shape than her daughter!  We have so many people in our lives that are breast cancer survivors and/or victims.  It was an honor to run for them.  Esp. Angie and my grandmother, Belle's namesake.  For many years, my sorority didn't have a national philantrophy and our local choice was Susan G. Komen.  For that reason it is also near and dear to my heart.  There were over 10,000 participants!  We enjoyed this 3 generation race and hope to run every year.  Belle loved the music, watching all the runners and enjoyed a nap on the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment