Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The world of Blogging

I finally broke down--even though I said I wouldn't! Brian and I decided to start a blog to give our family and friends updates on sweet little Belle. Since our life is so hectic these days, we felt that it would be the easiest way to keep everyone updated on Belle.

When Belle was first born my mom would call her time with her "Belle Moments" or beautiful moments...so it seemed like the proper name for our blog.

For those of you that may not have known--Belle DeVault Ledbetter was born on September 12, 2009-6 pound 15 ounces 18.5 inches long. Belle means beautiful in French and Bri and I loved the name-DeVault is after my Grandmother--it is her maiden name. She passed away the year after Bri and I were married--2006. I miss her everyday and it is an honor to have carried her name on with Belle.


Belle was two weeks early and actually arrived on the day I was supposed to be helping host one of my best friends, Caryn's baby shower! So much for the planner in me timing that one correct! Labor and delivery went smoothly and at 2:07pm she was born! Anyways, I was fortunate to be at home with Belle for around 16 weeks, watching her grow, learning how to be a mom, and enjoying time with my wonderful family and friends! She has hit all her major milestones on time or a little head of schedule. Our latest is flipping from back to belly! Our pediatrician believes she will be an early walker and is a healthy, happy little girl!

Since the end of December I have been back to work, which I will say has been an adjustment. We are starting to settle into a routine and we have been so fortunate to find a wonderful caregiver to watch little Belle. I could not be more pleased with our situation. It allows me peace of mind when I am working...I truly do love my profession and I am continuing to try to find the appropriate work/family balance. I am fortunate that most weeks I get to work 4 days a week, giving me an extra day with my sweety!


Lately we have had quite a bit of snow for the south--at first we were excited to see the rare white stuff, but now Bri and I are ready for Spring! I have attached a slide show of Belle over the last 5 months...It is hard to believe next Friday she will be 5 months old!!!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: BELLE'S FIRST 5 MONTHS
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I love these pictures! She is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm super glad you started a blog! i love keeping up with all you gals this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big she is getting. I love the pic of her playing on her mat and she is holding her head up. Yay!

    ReplyDelete